Supplier Development Coordinator
Acts as a key liaison between AFSI and its suppliers. Directs a global strategy designed to align suppliers’ performance with AFSI KPIs in quality, cost, and delivery. Develops solutions to improve underperforming suppliers. Leads supplier engagement efforts. Supports onboarding efforts of new suppliers and products. Leads supplier capacity management & supplier tooling management programs.
- Leads supplier engagement efforts to help suppliers understand and meet the needs of AFSI.
- Effective communicator and collaborator at all levels of supplier’s organization. Champions the needs of our company, getting buy-in from suppliers through effective relationship building.
- Tracks, interprets, and communicates supplier performance information for our company.
- Develops suppliers to help them consistently meet or exceed defined performance goals.
- Develops performance improvement strategies/solutions for suppliers that are not meeting defined performance goals.
- Assesses suppliers’ ability to meet performance requirements through evaluation audits, supplier reviews, etc.
- Manages supplier capacity and tooling. Analyzes data to ensure sufficient capacity/tooling to support our demand, while also effectively managing tooling expenses.
- Supports onboarding efforts of new suppliers and products to ensure seamless transitions for our operation.
- Supports New Product Introduction initiatives by sharing evaluative information to aid in supplier selection.
- Helps develop tools to communicate information more effectively between our company and our suppliers.
- Utilizes knowledge of current and developing manufacturing/engineering trends to assist in various situations.
- Able to identify issues where they exist within our supply base and internally, and use skills / multi-tasking ability to solve issues as needed.
- Effective leader with ability to communicate progress of initiatives at all levels of our organization.
- Undertakes personal, continuous training and development.
- Reports any accidents and potentially unsafe conditions or unsafe acts immediately to appropriate supervisor.
- Works in a safe manner, following all safety policies and procedures while keeping in mind other’s safety as well.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Education and/or Experience: Requires a bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field and 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.Use of advanced mathematics for analysis, design, and troubleshooting in their work. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Desired Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: APICS supply chain certifications (CPIM, CSCP), ISM supply chain certifications (CPSM), or related; American Society for Quality (ASQ) certifications (Six Sigma, Quality professional/engineer/auditor) or related
- Other Skills and Abilities: Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes. Able to interpret/read drawings, prints, and specifications. Experience with manufacturing standards such as ISO-9001, Six Sigma, and Lean manufacturing. Experience with process and product audits. Must be flexible to travel up to 35% of the time, domestically and internationally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
How to Apply
- Download and Fill out our Job Application
- Submit your application online to send us your filled application, resume, references and other details.
- E-mail completed application, resume, and references
- Mail to:
Advanced Filtration Systems Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
3206 Farber Dr
Champaign, IL 61822